Check yourself before you wreck yourself



                                                           By: Santeio Brooks

                                                                                           Tell me, how are you feeling?

Lately, I've been thinking, things aren't going so well for me. I feel down, constantly anxious, and unable to enjoy myself when I go out with my friends. I get so irritable…

Hold up, wait a minute…. Could I be suffering from mental illness?
The signs and symptoms of mental disorders and illnesses are sometimes very noticeable but, because of the stigma associated with mental health, they are often passed off as something else or even ignored. However, with more people being affected by mental illness each year, it is really time to stamp out the stigma and talk about mental health.
Check before you wreck yourselves and others around you. Are you constantly negative? Even suicidal? Dragged and battered by thoughts fluttering your mind? Sometimes symptoms may even be physical such as restlessness, panic attacks among others. In that case, find someone to talk to. It may be difficult, but it may help. Letting someone know that you're not okay, can be a big relief as you won't be burdened by the thoughts and will feel free. 
Remember, you are not alone. I urge you today, make sure you try your best to look after your mental health and more importantly, don't be afraid to talk about it.




Comments

  1. I often feel the same way, but then I remember God is my refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel at times. It helps having someone to talk to, but if not God is always there. Also check on your friends. Don't just hit them up when you want to hang. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very profound words especially in the crisis that the world is now in. The art of growing one's self in this unfamiliar period is very important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take a step or breathe

Free Your Minds, Its Friday

Food for Thought! YUMMM!