Free Your Minds, Its Friday



Free Your Minds, It's Friday 
By: Petrina Daley 




Hey there, you were just on my mind. You’re special and I just want to say happy Friday! I missed you too. Yes you, I am talking to you. I want you to know that you’re a gem. Taking a break from those tiring assignments? I know that the University can be a challenge. Speaking of challenges, you have to try your best to keep good mental health. Mental health is important. I know, “where am I going with this conversation ?”, you may ask but I will spare you the lecture today only because it's Friday. Come and sit with me for a few minutes, your favorite advisor has something to say, not tooting my own horn.
  Mental health includes your emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It is important at every stage of life so don’t take it for granted. As you grow older you will experience new problems and these situations can affect your mental health. I know that you have started University and you are older now, you have left under your parents’ wings and have become the age where you can handle things by yourselves, at least that’s what you think. Mental health affects every aspect of your life, it controls you- the way that you enjoy your life. It controls your relationships and physical health.


     I know that you want to be that cool University student who has everything under control. You want to be like the exterminator who has that pesky problem under control but sometimes that’s not always the case. Some of our moms who think that they are the jack of all trades in the house but is the master of none. She might be a lawyer by profession, just like my mom. Mom thinks that she is smart enough to solve everything. She even thought that she could've just used a piece of cheese to fool a rat into getting caught in a trap easily. One day a rat appeared in the house, I thought that she would have used her magic but instead, she dropped everything including the phone that she wanted to use to call the "real" exterminator. That's how you will feel sometimes like you're clustered in a stressful problem but it's okay don't be stuck where you are.
       Finding a person who you know thinks logical and is confidential may just be the right person to assist in solving the problem. No, mom did not call a farmer, one of her colleagues from work, or a driver to run away from the problem but an exterminator. Please be like my mom and find the right person to assist with solving the problem. Remember to try to keep your minds clutter-free, an office that wants to be productive doesn't keep catalogs, free newspapers, stray envelopes or any other mass-produced junk mail. When in doubt, throw it out, don’t store thoughts and griefs that keeps you feeling weighed down. Protect your body, mind, and soul. Your mental health is important because it keeps you going and like a computer it is your central- processing unit. Free mind it is. Free minds Friday I will call it today and it was nice chatting with you loves until then take care.




Comments

  1. Very good article thanks for the positivity ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding balance begins with setting realistic goals for yourself, with this pandemic time has reviled itself. And though this can be difficult with friends and parents offering lots of input, remember not to allow others to influence your goals. Looking back at your summery your spot on and you know exactly what your goals are. As you would say “ nice chatting with you” 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! Reading how you articulate your sentence it felt so real... kudos Patrina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nice. I like the subtle reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice. I like the subtle reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tips. I like flow of the article as well. Good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your article. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. "When in doubt, throw it out, don’t store thoughts and griefs that keeps you feeling weighed down". I love these words of wisdom..that's the best way to be free.....good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, dont beleive this, i had 2 brain surgeries last year to remove 3 meningioma tumors. Apart from physio to rebuild muscle tone after 6 months inactivity, i opted not to have psychology sessions as i was on top of the world. I work in sales and went back on top but stepped back when Covid-19 came, didnt want people in my space. My emotionial roller coaster started, i fell to the bottom of the sales team, started to take everything personally. This dialogue is a replica of my psycho sessions- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
    You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader, thank you for your support. I understand what you're saying but please remember that sometimes God is saying, let's get rid of that small thing to get to that big thing.Remember Job (the story) I trust that God will restore you.

      Delete
  11. This article is perfect, and your argument were compelling and will surely be of great value.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Positive words Petrina...well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice. Alot of thoughts went into it. You have touched many thoughts that needed exploration and you seem very sincere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take a step or breathe

Food for Thought! YUMMM!